Both halves of Adriana Kraft wish all of you a joyous celebration and a productive and fruitful New Year!
If you make New Year’s Resolutions, we hope you select actions that move you toward things you care about, accomplishments that will bring you joy.
Here are some thoughts about ours:
If you follow us, you know that we’ve taken breaks off and on from writing and promoting.
Late last summer my husband and I sat down together and took a serious look at what mattered to us and how we wanted to spend our time.
What did we learn?
We learned that – no surprise – we love to write. And that we’d let the burden of all those necessary marketing activities get in the way of doing what we love.
We made some decisions that mid-August afternoon:
- Pursue contracts for previously published works that have come back to us
- Polish our existing completed manuscripts and start getting them out there
- Write some new books.
- Focus on what we love more than on going through the motions of publicity and marketing.
How did we do? Score a huge YES on all four.
- We now have two previously published books under contract
- We’ve polished two already completed manuscripts and are poised to publish them
- We’ve written two entirely new books:
- A Reluctant Santa was published 12/2 and is doing well, averaging 4.5 stars at Amazon and GoodReads
- Swingers Light Up Vegas will open for pre-orders tomorrow, January 2
- We’re approaching marketing differently. There are things that have to be done, but we’ve prioritized doing things that are meaningful and inherently rewarding rather than sticking to rote repetition.
Sometimes a New Year’s Resolution is an about face, a wake-up call, a plan to make a radical change. We probably got that accomplished in August.
Today, my resolution is to keep moving forward on this new path.